Shooters Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Next time you take off to hunting camp, pack along a can or 2 of peaches, halved and some crunchy peanut butter. :confused: When you're hankering for something a little sweet take the peach halves and put a blob of p-nut butter in the center then pop them under a broiler for a few minutes, till the butter melts!:eek: I've never had a complaint and I have some in the oven right now!:D

·
The Troll Whisperer (Moderator)
24,014 Posts
Sounds like an artery slammer, but good! :D

·
Premium Member
2,773 Posts
Okay, I watched "Cooking with Paula" last year, (not a hunting show), and she did something on the grill I liked.
She cored out an apple, put in a spoonful of apricot jam, butter, and spoonful of sour cream, cinamon on top, then cooked it down on an outside grill covered until the apples turn soft and the butter is bubbleing out. Sure were good-

·
24,014 Posts
Peanut butter - fat, fat, fat!

·
The Hog Whisperer (Administrator)
36,406 Posts
It's good for ya, Ken. All that diet food is what will kill you!

·
24,014 Posts
As apparent, and as Tom can vouch - all I have to do is look or smell something like that and I gain a pound or so! :p

·
Registered
7,714 Posts
I never knew that peanut butter was bad for us kdub. Not surprised though. If it tastes good, it must be bad!
I’m not all that fond of sweets but here’s one I like.
Core out an orange. (Don’t waste it, use it later)
Fill the orange peel with blueberry muffin mix.
Twist it up in aluminum foil and throw it in the coals of your fire.
The “smell” will clog your arteries.
I like a little peanut butter on mine.

Cheezywan

·
Registered
572 Posts
What do peaches and peanuts have to do with the desert? I opened the thread looking for a reference to some warm dry weather (it snowed in Texas yesterday), and all I get is a cooking lesson...:p

BTW, Jack would NEVER have made such a mistake.....;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts