Shooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 40 of 79 Posts

·
Registered
970 Posts
> He wrote, all constitutional rights are regulated,

There you go, they are suppose to be God given rights.

" Let's Talk Limits "

Obviously, whoever he was, he found a man has got to know his limits. He found his.

May future generations refer to him as "dick who?"
That argument is indeed what he was saying and why his piece was so .....well, not well thought out. You can't compare the 2nd Amendment to yelling "fire" because that is not what the 1st or 2nd were about. To compare it to human sacrifice in religious practice is equally ridiculous. The taking of human life is murder and is not protected by the Constitution. The use of these two examples to demonstrate why he thinks the 2nd Amendment allows for regulation is just absurd. The Framers obviously felt the 2nd was different because they included the words "shall not be infringed." This is very strong language and when the preamble is studied there is no question as to their intent. To suggest some simple argument that says all rights are regulated and now lets talk limits is just ridiculous and shows a very clear lack of understanding about the Constitution regardless of what side of the gun control debate he is on. Go back to school, Dick.

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
If we were sheltered from his opinion we wouldn't have known he had that opinion. Information is golden and it's always good to know what people are thinking, especially influential people. I think if I was the editor or owner of a hunting magazine I'd allow a PETA representative to contribute, if for no other reason than to make people aware of what goes on in people's minds. It's better to know, even if it hurts. Also, we don't want to scare people with opposing view points underground, and we definitely don't have the luxury of loosing people who are, overall, more on our side than against it.

excuse me, but that line of reasoning is idiotic. Metcalf wasn't hired as gun control advocate writer, he was hired to write about guns. Do you really think he would have been hired if he told them he was a Moderate voice on gun control?

Once again, why do we have to make compromises? Do we ever hear a Tea Party person hosting a segment on MSNBC? Does CBS hire a conservative to do editorials? Does any leftwing media anything ever look to hear our opinion or hire someone defending our opinions and views?

The left NEVER gives an inch, they label us racist and radicals, and we lose every time people like Metcalf, Zumbo, and you start bowing to the leftist ideas.:mad:

·
Registered
151 Posts
don't get me wrong I DO NOT advocating any compromise, I will not vote for anyone who does, I will read other people's opinion, I've even been known to drink a beer with a liberal or two, even though I hate their political ideology.
BTW fox news always has liberals on, the best example is when they had Hannity and Colmes.

·
Registered
151 Posts
excuse me, but that line of reasoning is idiotic. Metcalf wasn't hired as gun control advocate writer, he was hired to write about guns.:
maybe I'm wrong, wasn't that an op-ed piece? The editor obviously sked him to write an op-ed piece. Maybe he was hired to write about guns AND to write editorials, I don't know what he was or wasn't hired to do

·
Registered
151 Posts
btw dms I do not bow to the lefties and I am NOT an IDIOT.
Keep playing by their rules and silence all dissenters.

·
Registered
7,862 Posts
Well, it isn;t really about silencing dissenters, but more about finding the right "platform" for them. Guns and Ammo wasn;t Metcalf's platform judging by that article. Although....... it is a little strange that the Editor allowed the article to be printed! Did he get fired too? I thought maybe someone said he did.

·
Banned
4,927 Posts
Tyranny must never be allowed to gain even the most tenuous of toeholds. Tyranny always disguises itself as something the People would want. Ask the North Korean People if they like living as wards of the State...

·
Registered
151 Posts
Well, it isn;t really about silencing dissenters, but more about finding the right "platform" for them. Guns and Ammo wasn;t Metcalf's platform judging by that article. Although....... it is a little strange that the Editor allowed the article to be printed! Did he get fired too? I thought maybe someone said he did.
no, the editor didn't get fired, he said he "miscalculated" but he obviously allowed it to be printed and he requested Metcalf to write it. I guess, maybe he was hired to write his opinion as well as write reviews, etc.

·
Banned
3,948 Posts
His kind we certainly don't need on the side of the fence for "Gun Rights" and the 2nd Amendment!!!:eek: :rolleyes: I for one am glad he is gone, now let him write childrens books for a living.:D:D:D

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
no, the editor didn't get fired, he said he "miscalculated" but he obviously allowed it to be printed and he requested Metcalf to write it. I guess, maybe he was hired to write his opinion as well as write reviews, etc.
The editor did get fired. The January issue of Gun and Ammo has an introduction from the Publisher Chris Agnes introducing the NEW editor Eric R. Poole.

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
don't get me wrong I DO NOT advocating any compromise, I will not vote for anyone who does, I will read other people's opinion, I've even been known to drink a beer with a liberal or two, even though I hate their political ideology.
BTW fox news always has liberals on, the best example is when they had Hannity and Colmes.
that proves my point.

It is always our side trying to make the other side "like" us, and in the process we lose more of our rights and credibility. Just look at the "republican" leaders in Washington. McCain, McConnell, Boehner, etc are all too willing to give away our rights in the hope of being "liked" by the other side.

Do the leftist like FOX news because they have liberals on as guests or to give the other side of the discussion? NO, they still despise FOX and anything that smells or looks like a conservative view.

·
The Hog Whisperer (Administrator)
36,083 Posts
Those folks claiming "censorship" are, no doubt, working hard to get pro-gun and pro-hunting articles in the magazines that PETA, HCI, et al, publish.... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
151 Posts
that proves my point.

Do the leftist like FOX news because they have liberals on as guests or to give the other side of the discussion? NO, they still despise FOX and anything that smells or looks like a conservative view.
It's not, in my opinion to get them to like us, I couldn't give a crap, rather it's for us to understand their thought process so we can be better equipped and ready for them, b/c if they didn't warn us first there's no way we could ever imagine the extent of their liberalism.

·
The Hog Whisperer (Administrator)
36,083 Posts
Um............... you do know that anyone who wants to understand the leftist point of view, can pick up practically any newspaper in the country, or watch just about any other news channel?????

:confused:

I don't think there is a shortage of places / opportunities to review failed liberal policies toward gun control.... we don't need one more in Guns and Ammo.... personal opinion.....

·
Registered
151 Posts
Um............... you do know that anyone who wants to understand the leftist point of view, can pick up practically any newspaper in the country, or watch just about any other news channel?????
lol, can't argue that

but I usually do not read The Times or Huffington Post

·
Registered
7,862 Posts
... or listen to talk radio.... or read collected daily articles from Natl Review, Townhall.com, Wall Street Journal, and a host of other publications, or read the Bible............

I really don;t think anyone who pays any attention to current events needs Dick Metcalf to show them what the Left might be thinking or doing. Can we learn from Dick? Yes, two things: 1) he's not quite the pro-gun advocate that Guns and Ammo once thought he was, and 2) when you work for Paul, don;t cross Paul, or you won;t work for Paul.

21 - 40 of 79 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.