Shooters Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Banned
65 Posts
I heard this story years ago and I believe it to be true. In my work I have the opportunity to examine quite a few artifacts, both historical and prehistoric. The ingenuity of primative people never ceases to amaze me. People are people, they are the same today as they were 10,000 years ago, the only difference is technology. Same brains, same bodies, same needs. Sometimes you are too close to find a solution and you need to step back, or in this case, the army didn't need a solution since they didn't have a supply problem. The Indians, however, needed to solve a problem and they did so using their own "stone age" technology in a modern mechanical devise.

It's like the semi that was stuck under the overpass, wedged in tight. The engineers and technicians wanted to raise the overpass, take the truck apart and rig elaborate mechanical devises to free the truck. Finally, an 8-year-old kid ask them, "Why don't you let the air out of the tires?" Problem solved. The Indians found the simplest solution. Heck, even if it isn't true, it sure is a good story.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.