Shooters Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13,142 Posts
Like the myth about Henry Ford saying you can order your Model T in any color, as long as it's black?

I just started using a digital scale for my reloading about 3 months ago and I like it! It's not a powder measure or anything, just a simple scale. The thing is, the reading is so much quicker than my old triple-beam scale! For most of my reloading, I weigh every single charge, so this has really helped to speed up the process. (Which isn't always a good thing, since I get done too fast. :( )

Still, I will continue to use it, so long as I am confident it is reading correctly. I checked probably 20 charges on the digital and then the triple-beam, until I knew I could trust what the LED readout was saying. I seriously doubt I will ever go back to the old-school ways on this particular subject.

·
Registered
13,142 Posts
I bought the very small digital scale Midway has been hawking for $20. It reads exactly the same as my triple beam, but takes less than half the time to do so and is much faster to "zero". (I have a limited amount of bench space so I can not leave the triple beam set up.) It runs on a little watch battery and since I double-check the weight it reads at the start of each reloading session, I don't anticipate that being much of a problem. Digital things tend to work, or not work...they rarely "sorta" work. (I'm in the same profession Mike is, sounds like.)

Maybe I just didn't have a good enough triple beam, but this little digital scale is way easier and faster, for the way I reload. The beautiful thing is, we all get to choose our own methods.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.