Shooters Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Beartooth Regular
5,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did anyone see the ballistic fingerprinting segment on tonight's 60 minutes? Glock's President was interviewed and, though I can't quote exactly what he said, he pretty much refuted the claims of incapabilities of ballistic fingerprinting by the NRA. He went on to say that for anyone to oppose ballistic fingerprinting at this time is not thinking it through.

It just doesn't seem right to me for manufacturers to want to submit their customers the expense and registration that ballistic fingerprinting would require. I am disappointed. I don't own any Glocks now, and don't really foresee owning any in the near future, if this is their attitude.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I saw the beginning of the piece, that it was going to be just another hatchet job like that show is infamous for, and changed the channel. We all know that "fingerprinting", like every other gun control proposal, isn't really about crime, and it saddens me that anyone in the industry would fail to grasp that.
Mark

·
Banned
65 Posts
Glock's largest customers are Law Enforcement and, just like S&W, they will say and do anything to sell their product, including backing false research and dealing with the devil. They only care about selling a product, not our rights, unless they perceive that they will ultimately profit from it. Glock perceives that LEOs are in favor of ballistic fingerprinting and does not want to go against anything that their biggest customer would be in favor of. If Glock, or S&W's largest customers were homos and they thought they could increase sales, then they would be making pink Glocks with lace trimming, S&W would have a line of guns called "SissySmiths" and they would both have floats in gay pride marches across the country.

:mad:

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Could it be also they are a German company, And the politics of keeping there big money maker contracts with LEO dept's.
I don't own any either and will not becuase I don't like them, don't fit my hand and way to exspensive for tupperwear!!!
:rolleyes:

·
The Troll Whisperer (Moderator)
23,965 Posts
Saw the segment and pretty well knew what the slant of the program would be, knowing their liberalist views. Thought LaPerrie did a good job refuting the idea and wish they had given him more time.

I was suprised with Glock's comments and their willingness to comply with the program. As stated before, I don't own any Glocks myself and this reaffirms the decision not to own any tupperware handguns. Besides, I've seen too many of them blown to pieces at the gunrange when people try to shoot lead bullets out of them with the factory barrels still installed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts