Shooters Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody know where I can get a SOLID fitting RUBBER handgrip for my S&W 44 model 629? I've used Pachmayr in the past on other smaller caliber S&W's with no problem. But, I'm returning the second different style grip I ordered back to Pachmayr. The fit is entirely too loose, compared to the Hogue factory grip. I'm looking for a grip that covers the back strap and has tight solid fit. Since that's a must with the 44 kick.

·
Beartooth Regular
1,184 Posts
Try Uncle Mike's also. But I really like the Hogue grips too.

Seems as though Pachmayr QC is going downhill since Lyman took them over. At least it seems to be in the grips manufactured as of late.

Regards

·
Registered
252 Posts
Tried a pachmayr grip on my Redhawk, didn't like it at all. Now have an Uncle Mike's grip on it, really like it. No pain in palm, even at .500 Linebaugh recoil levels! Now the wrist can be a different story...
Mark

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
twillis: Hogue does not make a rubber hand grip to cover the backstrap on a large frame S&W. It does for Ruger, but not S&W. I even called the company...no luck.

·
Registered
311 Posts
I put a set of Hogues on a S&W Model 19. They did not cover the back of the handle but still made a lady out of her. All my revolvers carry Hogues.
I love to have the woods simply for the appearance but I don't know how they shoot.
Condom grips????? I guess.

·
Banned
28 Posts
A question about Pachmayr grips

Personally I like them but have wondered it would be possible to epoxy them, for a better fit to the frame?
Jim

1 - 8 of 8 Posts