Shooters Forum banner

Discount new mold design from ballisticast

3K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  halfbreed 
i e-mailed ballisticast yesterday, their tech man ( boyd) should be in monday. he will check to see if this bullet 550 gc will work in the bolt actions. the meplat may be too wide to climb the feed ramp reliably. if it works they said it is no problem for them to open the dia. a couple .000's. then i would buy 1. i would like to buy some of these bullets @ .461 just to see how well they shoot. before purchasing a  $80.00 mold + handles.

later halfbreed

ballisticast mold

hello all, glad we can all be back again!

i received the ballisticast #1451 samples, tried to make them work in my cz 458 wm. they would not feed reliably.

seems the meplat is too wide to climb the feed ramp. they have sent some other samples, BOTH are 420 gn.

#1415 and a #1437, it looks like the 1437 is going to be a much better bullet for my purposes.

i wanted a cast gc wide meplat design that would feed reliably when i bought this rifle. it will shoot them, or i will find a " smith " that can make it shoot them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.