Shooters Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had a lot of people suggest getting a DNZ Mount. From the looks of it, it's a pretty nice mount. So, I went ahead and bought one to put my Nikon Buckmaster 3x9-40 on my little Rem 700 SPS. I figure it's a good pickup for the price, so I jump.

The thing comes in and I go to mount it, this is what I come up with:

Now am I stupid or does this thing not fit? (or both).

The rings say it'll fit a 1" diameter scope. According to Nikon, this is a 1" diameter scope. So what in the world am I doing wrong or did they just mill this thing wrong?

·
Registered
816 Posts
I've never used the DNZ mounts before. Does the front ring have the same amount of gap? It does seem to have more of a gap than other rings but if everything is square and it is holding secure I don't think it's anything to worry about.

·
Banned
1,404 Posts
If your referring too the gap between the top ring strap and bottom base ring then that's normal. Should be even on both sides for appearances. The gap will vary between manufacturers and even within there own production. Seen some that nearly touched while others had over 1/16" gap. You don't want them too touch as they won't grip the scope tube allowing scope rearward movement during recoil.

DNZ mounts I've looked at are very well made. However because of the way the're made they impose limitations on optics mounting.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts