Shooters Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 350 Legend, well almost its on the way. I ordered the dies, IMR4227, Hornady 165gr bullets. While searching
reloading data, no info for that bullet, but there is data for 350 Legend 170gr. can I use the same starting load?

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
I would but back when I was in your position and wanted confirmation I learnt to ring the powder makers for advise.I use ADI powders , any time I feel like I need advise I ring them.
I have had some very good learning conversations through doing so.
Not having confidence when you reload is unpleasant , ringing the powder manufactures changes that in my experience.
Cheers.

·
The Shadow (Super Mod)
7,166 Posts
Assuming like-for-like construction, such as both jacketed flat base, or both BTHP's. Then yes, starting loads will be fine. Just don't mix construction, like regular Cup&Core, Vs. All copper barnes.

Cheers

Reactions: JBelk

·
Super Moderator
13,164 Posts
Assuming the same construction, as Darkker noted, a general rule of thumb is that loads intended for a heavier bullet weight will produce lower pressure with a lighter bullet. The only potential exception is if, for some reason, you seat the lighter bullet's base deeper into the case than the heavier one.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I would but back when I was in your position and wanted confirmation I learnt to ring the powder makers for advise.I use ADI powders , any time I feel like I need advise I ring them.
I have had some very good learning conversations through doing so.
Not having confidence when you reload is unpleasant , ringing the powder manufactures changes that in my experience.
Cheers.
Thank you, I have sent the question to IMR still waiting on answer.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a 350 Legend, well almost its on the way. I ordered the dies, IMR4227, Hornady 165gr bullets. While searching
reloading data, no info for that bullet, but there is data for 350 Legend 170gr. can I use the same starting load?
Hornady has released reload data on their website for both projectiles (170gr sp and 165 ftx) they both use the same data.

{Edit: please read the board policy on posting copyrighted materials}

Also, Lee has released data now as well along with their 350 legend dies

·
The Troll Whisperer (Moderator)
23,799 Posts
Looks like you've answered your own question. Welcome to the board. Rules are simple - be nice and join in.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts