Shooters Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Banned
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anybody happen to know the sectional density and the ballistic coefficient of the remington 8mm 185gr bullet? i've got a yugo that i'm playing around with and due to the price i'm hoping to make more use of this bullet... just wondered about the vitals

·
Super Moderator
13,631 Posts
Just go to the Beartooth Bullets site tab on the top left of the screen. In the menu on the left, under the Resource Center is the label, Ballistician's corner. In there you will find the sectional density calculator. You have the bullet weight and diameter, so you can calculate sectional density there.

Ballistic coefficient is tougher. There is a ballistic coefficient calculator among the BTB tools, but you need to know the velocity the bullet produces at two different points down range, a measured distance apart. If you don't have that data, the JBM calculators include a drag and twist calculator that will give you calculated ballistic coefficient from the bullet's dimensions. That is here. Many manufacturers use this shortcut, but it is not as good as actual measurements.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts