Shooters Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It hailed for 25 minutes straight in some places. We've had 24 tornadoes so far this year, typically we have about 10 that are sighted. Most tornadoes occur in the open prairie and nobody sees them.

These were taken in the NE corner of the state, near Reserve. Two people died in a EF3 tornado there last week. We've only had three EF3 tornadoes since 1900, and this is the deadliest since 1923.

·
Piney Woods Moderator
6,267 Posts
How are a tornado and an Arkansas divorce similar. Somebody is gonna loose a mobile home......

Here in LA, it is usually raining so hard, we can't see the cloud formations like that. We normally assume a tornado is close when a cow goes flying by the picture window. Time to turn off the TV and get in the closet.

·
Registered
6,280 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Shawn, those were in the Billings Gazette. I wish I had the opportunity to take them. I have taken some nice photos, but nothing like those.

John, yea, I've only been in one tornado, it didn't touch the ground but broke off more than 100 mature Ponderosa Pines at the 40' level. Some of the trees were 200' tall.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts