Shooters Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I remembered reading somewhere that the front sights on Trappers were soldered until around serial no. 6,000,000, but I'm looking at some pics of Trappers in the mid-5 million range (5.3-5.6 million) that sure look like they're dovetailed. Am I mis-remembering, or wrong, or is there no real rule of thumb here (as is so often the case with firearms manufacturing)?

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Interesting. I have an '83 Wrangler .38-55 16" and a '94 .45LC 16". I took a careful look at them this afternoon again and I am 99% sure they are both dovetailed. The catalog for 1984 did specify a dovetailed front sight for the Wrangler II (though we all know catalog copy does not necessarily reflect actual product delivery).

I'll try to post some pics this weekend so you all can agree (or disagree) based on your own visual observation of my two barrels.

John

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, Joe! I'll still post pics just in case anyone's interested. The OD of the two barrels in question are the same.

Slightly off-topic, I just want to say that I really like a short tube with a large bore. The muzzle blast can get a little extreme :eek: but I like 'em anyway. :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.