Shooters Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Inactive
1,962 Posts
The Walker Colt came first. The Walker Colt had a lot of problems. They were huge, the loading lever was bad, they tended to blow up in the cylinder, and just were not dependable enough. So The Colt Dragoon came along and kind of fixed all the mistakes that the Walker had.

Armi while being a well made revolver or rifle, that price is kind of high. I shoot a 1858 New Army Remington model made by Pietta. Its a very good revolver. Also shoot APP or Pinnacle out of them in 3f. They are a lot easier to clean at the end of the day.

·
Inactive
1,962 Posts
If you really want a non problematic shoot, get some APP 3f or Pinnacle 3f and use that instead of black powder or Pyrodex P. I shoot APP 3f in my cap and ball revolvers. The nice thing about APP is, it cleans with simple water. So at the end of the day, a dish water bath removes all the powder. Also it is not as corrosive as most powders out there. The #10 cap had no problem setting it off. And the smoke is WONDERFUL... :D

That is a 2 inch (dried out) Spruce plank. I was doing point and shoot at it. I was surprised at the power. I really did not think that it would go through the plank like it did. The other target was just a lot of free standing stuff. I was shocked at how much skill I had lost with a revolver. At one time I was pretty good with a handgun.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.