Shooters Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Marinate boneless duck beasts in zesty italian dressing for few hours or even over night. Slice a couple of jalapenos lengthwise and cut out the seeds and membrane. Using a fillet knife cut a pocket into the breast and place a thin slice of cream cheese and a piece of jalapeno pepper in the pocket. Sprinkle breast with Cavendars Greek Season and wrap with a strip of bacon. Pin bacon on with tooth picks and cook on grill over medium heat. Cook until medium rare. This is really tasty and goose is good cooked this way also. If you can't do the jalapenos try it with just the bacon, cream cheese, and cavendars, its pretty tasty that way too.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I never eaten grouse so I don't know if the flavors are similar or not. Let me know how it turns out. I do know that dove breasts are good using this same recipe. The only problem is the dove is so small you can't actually stuff it so you just place the cream cheese and pepper against it and use about a 1/2 slice of bacon to wrap around it and hold it all in place.

·
Banned
1,069 Posts
I wonder if we ever met Range Junkie. I got that very recipe from a bunch near Bald Knob and have used it many times since, even with goose.

We were cooking steaks that night, with all the fix'ns and somebody put a bunch of duck breast done like that out for apps. I could hardly eat the steak!

·
Registered
817 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I wonder if we ever met Range Junkie. I got that very recipe from a bunch near Bald Knob and have used it many times since, even with goose.

We were cooking steaks that night, with all the fix'ns and somebody put a bunch of duck breast done like that out for apps. I could hardly eat the steak!

No, Sir I don't believe we have met but if you are ever in my neck of the woods look me up and I will have you over for some stuffed duck breasts.;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts