Shooters Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've never really paid much attention to this manufacturer and have only known them for their Colt 1911 clones. Does anyone have experience/knowledge with their break top rifles?

http://www.eaacorp.com/firearms/rifles/sidebyside/izhmp221t.shtml

The over and under looks strange with the spindley barrel contour, and if the side by side looks the same I'd likely ignore but the idea of a 45-70 in a side by side is attractive. At least you could FEEL like you were hunting in Africa even if you can never afford a safari.

·
Banned
556 Posts
Interesting. I really like the idea of a lighter, deer-calibered double rifle, too (Ruger No.1+1). Safest way to go, having the gun broken, and it carries and balances well. Plus, it packs down really well.

EAA is only an importer. The IZH (pronounced 'eeej') is Russia's biggest manufacturer of sporting arms (and motorcycles). The ones I saw were ok; solid, but a little rough. Kinda like a Savage 411. The question will be how the barrels regulate -- tough to do well and consistently, esp. for $630. Then again for that amount, you can't really go too wrong... Thanks for the link.

·
Registered
6 Posts
barrel regulation

If I read the web site right, the regulation is left to the shooter. They say there is a jack screw that moves one barrel with respect to the other (fixed) barrel.

I don't know how well that would work, but it is a way to play with a double rifle for low $. As you said, you could feel like you were in Africa.
Frank Sauer

1 - 3 of 3 Posts