Shooters Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering buying a Witness (polymer) 45 ACP handgun and wonder if they're any good ??? It looks like a decent firearm but I don't know too much about them. Anyone know anything about them ??? HD1

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
I have the P-carry in 10mm. It's a power packed handful!

SOlid, reliable. The DA trigger could be better but lubeing it helps.

I also have the full size, steel framed witness in 45 acp. The DA trigger is very smooth on this one. It's a heavygun, but easy to shoot.

The only drawback to the Witness design is it's lack of a hammer drop lever. You can carry them cocked and locked like a 1911 and your first shot is SA. If you want to carry it hammer down with a DA first shot, you'll have to carryfully and gently lower the hammer using one hand on the trigger and the other hand on the hammer. Always a bit dicey, but I've done it for years w/out mishap.

You can change calibers easily w/ the witness pistols by simply buying a slide/barrel combination in the caliber you want...fairly inexpensively.

·
Registered
660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The pistol in question is a compact , polymer framed, 45 ACP. The sale price is only $300.00 !!! Is that a good price ??? Seems okay !!! HD1

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
$300 is not a bad price, but around here it is not unusual to see brand new ones for about 350.

I got two in a trade, and they were excellent guns, reliable and accurate aplenty. One initially had feeding problems, but a new mag cured it. I eventually sold both (at a small profit), but only because for some reason the grip did not work comfortably with my hand.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I've had two of the steel framed 45's. I kept the second one for it's nice trigger and sights. They seem to be as good as any CZ I've had before and they're affordable. I wouldn't be afraid to own a polymer model. Good Luck

1 - 7 of 7 Posts