Shooters Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
I have it in both bulk can and spray can, having used the spray can more for things other than guns. The spray tends to release a little more odor into the air, it's a 'sweet (not sweat!) smell', but not offensive. It's great stuff with a bunch of uses.
BTW, the spray can can get a little messy and get on other things, in addition to what you intended, so the can and rag, toothpick, cotton swab, etc. may be your better application choice for firearms and any 'fine placement' requirements.

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
This is the same product that is used as a rust-preventing automobile undercoating?
If that is a question, the manufacturer lists that as an application, as it does for lawn mowers and other equipment such as snow plows, etc. It is a temporary coating though, not the typical permanent 'tar like' automobile undercoating that most of us 'old timers' grew up with.

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
JW, I don't think you will find FF to be a satisfactory bullet lube. My experience, in both areas (bullet lube and FF) puts me in agreement with Darkker, FF is way too messy (spray can for sure) and doesn't dry. Not only will you have it all over everything (if you spray bullets), I don't know how you could keep from contaminating the powder charge once you load them. If you try it, let us know your experience.
P.S. I do think you will love the stuff for many other applications!

P.P.S. To elaborate on Darkker's point. If you think of 'spray', in the traditional sense, as a fine mist (like spray paint), you'll find FF ain't that! I'd describe it as more of a 'spit and sputter' of large 'droplets'.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts