Shooters Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a new .22 rifle coming tomorrow. Would this be good for the inside of the barrel, prior to shooting it?
What exactly does this stuff do? Is it sort of like a CLP product? Any opinions advice or shared experience would be helpful. Thank you

·
Premium Member
15,347 Posts
I've never heard of it, but your barrel needs to be clean and DRY. Don't slobber oil in it.

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Do a search on it and shows it's another CLP. Joins a long list of them that of course claims to be the best.

·
Registered
2,869 Posts
Seecamp people love it. I've never used it. The SDS isn't very helpful. It says:
"Chemical nature: Trichloroethylene (CAS NO: 79-016, UN NO: 1710), Synthetic Esters, Oxygenated."

·
The Troll Whisperer (Moderator)
23,871 Posts
Have had a bottle sitting on the cleaning bench for some years now. Bought it when reading it was a super solvent/preservative. Used it a few times and decided my other cleaning chemicals were just as good. Probably has solidified in the bottle by now! :LOL:

·
Registered
769 Posts
It's as good as any and better than most . At one time they just had a CLP ...but now they market several items ... bore solvents , gun cleaners , gun oils ... but if it's the CLP it does a halway decent job , cleaning lubing and protecting .
I would read the can , see what you have and follow the instructions .
Check out their web site for more info www.eezox.com

For cleaning I'm still a big fan of Ed's Red Bore Cleaner , do a search for the Recipe and mix a gallon up for $20.00 ! That's good bore cleaner .
Gary

·
Premium Member
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Finally some time to read your answers and online reviews. I think I'll pass on this product. I have others that will suffice.
My question was in regards to a new Rossi Rio Bravo that I picked up yesterday at my LGS. Took the wife with me, she liked the rifle and said it balanced well. Then she saw the little 16" barrel Rossi Pump .22 and handled it. That was that, it was brought home too.

I was hoping that in the last forty years or so, back when I used "Tri-flon" (and no, I didn't misspell Tri-flow) improvements had been made to CLP products. Thanks all for weighing in.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I've tried it. Not a big fan. Very good for gun parts that don't have crevices and don't need lubrication, because you're supposed wipe away most of it and you can't get it out of the crevices. I use it for the outside of some of my guns and the outside of some barrels. Corrosion X is much better lubricant/protector in my experience.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts