Shooters Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can anyone help. purchased 223 bb it nolonger ejects the way my other rifles and shotguns do. with scope and gloves on you cant get shell out. factory wont help took it to two gunsmiths the factory wont sell parts to fix problem say they have recieved complaints for a year but wont change any ideas , thanks ( this is on nef)

·
Super Moderator
13,448 Posts
A belated welcome to the forum, since I didn't spot your first post earlier.

I'm not quite clear about the factory response? I think you're saying they don't make a part other than the original? Is that what you meant when you said they won't help? My next question would be whether you've asked the factory if you could send it to them for repair? If they aren't changing the ejector mechanism, then they must think the original design can be made to work, so I would let them try, if they will? If they won't let you send it to them, then that lack of standing behind their product is a warning to others.

As to fixing it, if the gunsmiths were any good and they still couldn't see how to fix it, that is a surprise, but it means the factory has the same problem. They haven't figured out what's wrong.

If someone here has already seen and solved this problem, perhaps they will be able to help?

I'll move your post to the gunsmithing forum, where such a person is more likely to see it.

·
Registered
867 Posts
I could write a long post on how to solve ejection problems with the Handi-Rifle, but I'll save you and me some time. Go to: www.go2gbo.com and visit the NEF forum and read the FAQ. There is more info there than I have time to type and some people that are very knowledgeable about the subject. I love the Handi, I own a .223 and 7x57, but some of the little rifles have some problems such as ejection or trigger pull that are easily solved with the correct information. Here endeth the epistle. Goatwhiskers the Elder

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
The issue is that NEF/H&R no longer build ejector rifles, they changed over to extractor several years ago. And I agree that the extractor doesn't lift the shell high enough to grasp with gloved hands. They won't "fix" it because it isn't broken, it works as it was designed to work, it just isn't a very good design.
I second the motion to check out the faqs on the H&R forum at Greybeard Outdoors.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I too have to relate to the extractor/ ejector subject. I needed to go the opposite direction. I have had the earlier model barrels in .243 and 45-70. Then the wife treated me to a 44 mag barrel which has the extractor. Being I bench shoot and not hunt, I did not want to chase my brass.I wanted to convert ejector to extractor. Ordered in parts from HR only to find out the receiver is drilled different and parts do not interchange. Long story short, I modified the ejector with a Dremel taking off the extra step on the rail and made it work as a extractor.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts