Shooters Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have recently been given a post '64 Top eject 30-30 by my grandfather and all works well except the spent casing will extract from the seating but will not eject out of the block unless the lever is slammed hard and i mean much harder than John Wayne ever has. My grandpa and i are working on fixing the rifle and we both assumed that it was possibly an ejector spring was either broken or out of place, i was just wondering if anyone had other insight to what it might be of if anyone else has had an issue either similar or the same issue and can offer any help.

Thank You, Jack

·
Super Moderator
3,788 Posts
Welcome to the Forum

Glad to see you here and hope that you post often. Not sure what is going on with your rifle. My recommendation would be to contact a competent gunsmith and seek their input to address the issue. All the best...
Gil

·
The Hog Whisperer (Administrator)
36,124 Posts
Extractors = remove case from chamber.
Ejectors = fling case out of the gun.

I'd say you are on the right track looking at the ejector. Don't have a Winchester so can't comment much more.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Winchester 1894 Pre '64 30-30 Ejecting issues

Ive posted almost this exact issue the other yesterday but i wanted to expand my options as much as possible to try and get as much as possible.

I was recently given this rifle by my grandfather and we are trying to fix it together, the rounds will be loaded into the chamber from the mag tube with no problem, the casing will be extracted from the chamber but it will not be ejected unless you throw the lever harder than John Wayne ever has. we already ordered ejector springs which is what im hoping the issue is. I just wanted to see if anyone else had any idea of what the issue might be or if you have any insight to ways to fix it or if im on the right track.

Thank you
-Jack

·
The Hog Whisperer (Administrator)
36,124 Posts
I merged the two threads.

Please don't double post.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts