Shooters Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Beartooth Regular
2,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, so far we have been skunked elk hunting, but I took a couple of pics to post. I also took one of my father-in-law at "camp" (Uh, I mean the pickup) but much to his delight it didn't turn out. There is an elk herd over the ridge that is behind me as I took this pic, but the brush is terribly thick and we couldn't get to them today. It was so warm I stripped down to my T-Shirt during lunch!

·
Beartooth Regular
2,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok, here's one more! Hopefully I'll have actual ELK pictures soon. :D

·
Beartooth Regular
5,220 Posts
Great photos ID. You North Idaho guys sure live in some beautiful country. By the way, is that an elk in that second photo, beside the bush, just down the hill? Looks like a 7x, but I can only make out the one antler...:D

·
Registered
238 Posts
IDShooter - I may just have to stop and pay your fine state a long vist on my way to Alaska to see if ayleska338 would like to adopt an older son :D That's some beautiful country too! CEJ..

·
Registered
206 Posts
IDSHOOTER, same weather down here in s.w. Idaho, and the central west mountains. Also over in s.e. Idaho, as one of my buds went to the Tex Creek Zone, and they did not see any bull elk. One of his friends had pulled a moose ticket and killed a nice bull moose. Nine other hunters in that area killed moose... but very, very few elk.

Too warm; too dry. Plus, the wolves are decimating the game all over this area.

Hope some weather moves in. I'm going back up the day after Halloween, to the Sawtooth Zone.

Good luck to all.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts