Shooters Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings
Several years ago I dropped by and posted a photo of my engraved Virginian Dragoon, under the username of RandyMac.

Yep, a lot of time and life happenings since then.
Any way, I recently ran across an old guy, well, older than me, at the LGS. I had just bought a WW2 era Win 94 and he suggested I buy a single action to go with it.
I told I already had such a thing and described the Dragoon to him. He got excited, said he also had one, so we ran off to fetch them, I live 5 minutes away, he was a bit farther.
His was different, a much simpler and yet elegant pattern, he stated that it was done at OIT at Klamath Falls, OR. He bought it from the student who did the work, he thinks it was around 1983.
That got me to start looking for information, which I found, some anyway. My Dragoon was sold by the factory and they had it engraved at Ken Hurst's shop. Ken was a very renowned engraved for Colt and branched off to ran his own shop. I found a reference to a Tim Brown, who worked for Ken Hurst and have sent him a message. Tim has his own shop now and Mr. Hurst has passed on. HOME | tgeorge

If you have an engraved Dragoon, pop the grip panels off and take a close look, for this

I will return with information as I get it.

·
Registered
358 Posts
I'M always afraid to take revolvers which are THAT good-looking into the field! I fully understand the wish to be able to shoot everything one owns, but I'd never forgive myself if my engraved pistol ended up with "idiot marks" on it.

·
The Shadow (Moderator)
10,411 Posts
Several years ago I dropped by and posted a photo of my engraved Virginian Dragoon, under the username of RandyMac.
Yes. That was a January 2010 post into a 2004 thread, found here.

Which one of the two user names would you like to keep? Shoot me a PM(conversation) and let me know, and I'll clean-up the other one.

Beautiful pistol, BTW.

Cheers

1 - 4 of 4 Posts