Shooters Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not a very active shooter since I retired, range visits mostly to fire my Ruger MK II. Cheap ammo and fun even with less than young eyes. Back when I was an active collector/shooter I took in trade a Hartford .45 saddle ring carbine and a .357 rifle, both the old style, no silly safeties, nice case colored receivers, and NIB. Never got around to shooting either one. Time to let them go. Any idea if the current BlueBook prices are realistic? My BB is about 2007 version. I'd like to sell them for a fair price. Only thing I've got to compare them to, price wise, is the new ones with those ugly safeties on the actions. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
584 Posts
The EMF Hartfords are Rossi '92s made to EMF's specs which usually meant better wood and maybe better sights. If they were manufactured prior to 2000, then Rossi made them on their old, wornout machines. If so, they could be rougher and more picky than modern Rossis made on their new NC machines.

Threfore, they could be worth more than the run of the mill new Rossis or they could be worth less. In any case they aren't going to fetch much more than the current prices on Rossis, say $500 - $550 tops and if they are older, rougher examples, you may not be able to get the $425 - $500 the Rossis are going for.

·
Registered
96 Posts
In today's market I'd be surprised if you get much over $400 for them. I just gave away a NIB octagon .44 for that a few weeks ago.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I know what you mean! The seller's market is a downer right now. On the bright side, as a buyer there are many bargains out there. Kinda balances out in the long run.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I just bought a brand new Rossi SRC, 16" barrel, blue, with a large loop lever in 45 Colt for about $470 out the door at a Gander Mountain in VA. I think the large loop was about $30 extra over the standard lever.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts