Shooters Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, son and I called it quits for this year. I was happy to get my doe on Sun Opening weekend. Son is disappointed because of the lack of hunting pressure and we saw four deer, one of which I shot. That's the way it goes sometimes, but it sure seems like the numbers of deer are way down. I checked at one registration station and the lady told me that the registrations have been on a downward trend for the last several years, but that this was the lowest ebb that she can recall.

The real warm weather certainly did NOT help the situation. Had the tables been turned and my son would have gotten the deer, I would have been happy for him-------he was for me, this year. Next season is yet another one coming (Buffalo Co, WI, north of Mondovi). Good luck tomorrow for all who have not yet filled their tags.

·
Registered
209 Posts
it's been the sameway down here in the Dodge co. and the Columbia co. areas too.
going for the last day on sunday, if no luck i still got the cwd area for the last two weeks in december in Columbia co.
mike

1 - 2 of 2 Posts