Shooters Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

Banned
1) If a "mere mortal"馃檮 wishes to discuss and learn from any human they interact with, it helps if they don't waste energy looking for offense in everything...

2) Here's a pearl of wisdom:
You should lighten-up, and enjoy the conversations and alternative views on things that are available here. Maybe you will learn something, maybe you won't; only time will tell.
馃ぃ
Lighten up? 馃ゴ
You must be pretty thin skinned to think that I was upset. The fact is that I was commenting on the first two responses that simply ridiculed the OP for his post, there was no real exchange of information.

Your assumption about my frame of mind when I posted is embarrassingly ignorant and it reveals a lot about your personality.

Thanks for the lecture oh great knowledgeable one.

The Shadow (Moderator)
I made no assumptions about your frame of mind, only commented on your attitude; which clearly hasn't improved.

No worries though, I'll give you some time alone to figure out how to get happy in the same pants you got mad in.

Cheers

Registered
FYI I've shot half a dozen deer with a crossbow, not a single arrow/bolt failed to completely penetrate the animals. My current bow chronographs right at 350fps with a 100gr. broadhead and a very light carbon fiber bolt, they go through large mule deer like a hot knife through butter breaking and cutting everything they encounter inside the animal.

Registered
My first deer with a Bow was with a Ben Pearson Recurve in @1977. Nice 6 point and clipped his Aorta and a Lung. Arrow went completely through. I sold that bow to the owner of a bow-shop indoor range in Austin who was a BP collector. He had been hunting my particular bow for awhile. Believe it or not, it was with a wooden arrow fitted to me and that bow with an old style Bear Broadhead that I think weighed 150 gr. I doubt it was over 200 fps. It did the job. I kept that arrow for many years afterwards.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts