Shooters Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
3,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Folks, I am wanting to know, how to get the print larger when I make a post on a thread? I have tried to click on the various sizes but when I print, it still comes out to be very small. Thank You Tracer!;) :)

·
The Troll Whisperer (Moderator)
24,131 Posts
The print you have right now is just fine for the board.

Larger print is considered bad manners on the internet, as it is normally construed as the equalivent of "shouting" to someone.

·
The Hog Whisperer (Administrator)
36,718 Posts
If you need larger print due to eyesight issues, then that can be set in the browser on your computer. Let us know what browser you are using and someone can figure it out.

·
Super Moderator
13,444 Posts
If you use Firefox, just hold down the control key while you hit the + or - keys to zoom in or out.

·
Banned
3,948 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Kdub, I am sir, referring to what I print on my PC, that then goes onto the forum in the form of a post. Once it goes on the forum it jumps up 1 size larger. However, what shows up on this PC is extremely small for me to read.

I made a typo error on World War 2 that should have been War 1 and the moderator has seemingly let me know all about the 1911 model and it's history. I could no doubt give him a class on that weapon.........So I will FORGETABOUTIT:rolleyes: ;)

aka......Hi ball
aka......Tonk

·
The Hog Whisperer (Administrator)
36,718 Posts
You might want to compose your posts in Notepad or any other PC utility that handles plain text well. Then copy and paste to the reply area of the forum. The text editing function of the forum is somewhat primitive. Also, you can preview your posts and if the browser is set to make the type larger, then you can more easily see what you wrote before you post.

Don't worry about typos, we all make them.

·
Super Moderator
13,444 Posts
Tracer,

Don't worry about typos and misunderstandings. They are constant on the Internet in all forums just because few of us are professional writers.

As to your problem, go ahead and compose large on your word processor. There is a way to fix the size here in the advanced composition window, but the easiest thing is to take your word processor copied text and paste it intö Notepad, then select all and copy it again and paste it intö the composition window. The intermediate copy removes all the funny faces and other stuff the word processor's invisible formatting characters create. You will need to set Notepad's Format button to turn off Word Wrap. This makes your text lines go off screen to the right because of length, but that will be corrected automatically when you select it all, copy it, then paste it intö the forum composition window. If you don't turn the Word Wrap off, that adds invisible carriage return characters and they will make extra blank lines in your pasted text. You may also use the Notepad format to change the Font to Verdana so it matches the board font if you want to?

Once you have pasted intö the composition window, click on the Go Advanced button. That will give you a couple of font tools in the tool bar at the top for changing the text size. You just select all your text and change the font size to 2 to be normal for the forum. Sometimes I have to first change it to some other number and then back to 2 before the size control takes, but that's the only bug I've run into.

·
Nawth East Moderatah
5,467 Posts
Kdub, I am sir, referring to what I print on my PC, that then goes onto the forum in the form of a post. Once it goes on the forum it jumps up 1 size larger. However, what shows up on this PC is extremely small for me to read.

I made a typo error on World War 2 that should have been War 1 and the moderator has seemingly let me know all about the 1911 model and it's history. I could no doubt give him a class on that weapon.........So I will FORGETABOUTIT:rolleyes: ;)

aka......Hi ball
aka......Tonk
my correction was not a personal one, aimed at you to insult.
Please understand that we cannot tell:
Vet or non.
Gun knowledge or any other things about folks personally from a post.

The internet opens doors for folks, some with knowledge, some seeking the same.

I merely offered MORE info to help, surely not to offend.

Best
M141a

1 - 8 of 8 Posts