Shooters Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How high is the center of the window above the receiver?

Been awhile since I posted, but I have a new Bushmaster I want to put some optics on and I am concerned with the height of the scope.

Was going to buy an EOTECH 517 but can’t find the centerline height of the "window." A standard AR-15 iron sight is 1.4" above the receiver and I measured from the flat-top to center of my eye and it was ~1.5" so...

Understanding reflex sights do not require exact eye alignment I still do not want to have to manipulate my normal mount to be looking through the center of the optics.

TIA

·
Registered
546 Posts
I'm not sure about measurements, but I have my Eotech 512 set up so that with the back up sight up and proper sight alignment the center dot rests right on the tip of the front sight. With that alignment the reticle appears to be in the center of the window.

·
Nawth East Moderatah
5,467 Posts
Not at all familiar with Eotech, as I am an Aimpoint guy, but can tell you Bushmaster is making the R15.....might be the same dimensions....

I have friends with Eotech sights that say they will co-witness on just about every gun.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts