Shooters Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Early in 2012 I purchased a HHS I system for my HK MR556. After about a year, the magnifier (G23) started giving me problems by projecting a double reticle. After contacting EOTech and following a myriad of suggestions provided by them, the problem still existed. They asked me to send the system back to them and they serviced the holographic unit (not the magnifier). After it was returned to me I gave it a quick check around the house and the problem SEEMED to have been resolved. However, upon my first trip to the range a few weeks later, I noticed that when using the magnifier, the reticle was still showing two columns of dots. Not only that, but the round target at 100 yds seemed to have a symmetrical crescent on either side of it (concave to the actual target in the center). I shot a 30-round group and much to my chagrin the target was peppered with holes, about a 12" spread. I shot another 30-round group without the magnifier and it was about a 1-2" group.
I contacted EOTech again and reported that the problem was indeed with the magnifier and described my experience at the range. Mind you, at this point the system was well out of the purported warranty. Michael Kroll (sales manager) at EOTech seemed a bit perplexed and disappointed by this. He shipped out to me a brand new G33 unit (newer gen) to see if this would fix the issue; if not, he asked that I return everything back to him so he could assess the situation. Lo and behold, the G33 projected a crystal-clear single reticle and my groups were back to 1". I emailed Michael that it the new unit worked flawlessly. He then told me to take the old G23 unit, remove the purge screw, fill it with water to destroy it, and throw it away. He said keep the G33. My jaw hit the floor. That was nearly nine months ago and I still, from time to time, feel a genuine sense of appreciation and gratitude for such a kind gesture.

·
Registered
3,202 Posts
There's plenty of stories of poor CS from many companies. I'm glad EOTech went above and beyond what should even be expected.

It's nice to hear happy stories.:) :) :)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
As opposed to STEINER, whose CS is (believe it or not) worse than Heckler & Koch's. I think the problem is that the U.S. operation is under Burris. Anyone? Anyone?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts