Shooters Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I stopped by the ER Shaw booth at the NRA National convention and looked at their Mark VII custom rifles. They looked great and seemed to be reasonably priced (starting in the $800 range). Downside is they want over a year to build a rifle.

Does anyone have any info on these rifles or have one. Any info will be greatly appreciated.
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

·
Banned
1,484 Posts
i really like their barrels but have no experience with their rifles... i'd say if you want a std chambering just buy the savage but if you have to have a unique chambering that isn't reasonably available from other suppliers then i'd go with the shaw rifle. it's not hard to change out a barrel, especially on a savage and it doesnt take a year!

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
Yes, its a Savage action but then its a custom Savage ie type of stock, steel, chamberings (do wish they had a 9.3x62), types of barrels, etc.

CD

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
Yes, its a Savage action but then its a custom Savage ie type of stock, steel, chamberings (do wish they had a 9.3x62), types of barrels, etc.

CD
CD, McGowan makes a barrel for the Savage action in 9.3X62, and they have several twist and finish options. They run about the same price as the Shaw barrels, and their reputation is good.

You should have one :)

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
Tman, Thanks for the info, diffinently will have to look them up.

CD

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.