Shooters Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi Folks, I have many questions

I want to build 2 AR's (this is my first time) but my question is, what limit of Lower receivers can I buy and own in Massachusetts ??

A lower receivers in Massachusetts counts like a rifle or a part ?

The FFL dealer register each lower on my name ??

I read this comment in other forum , thats true ??

As for quantity there is no restriction. But your name will ping with the FBI or ATF and they will watch you for a few months.

If you buy 15 guns in 12 months you are put on a secret FBI watchlist. Not forever but still.

Please, I need to clarify my doubt. thanks

·
Banned
1,404 Posts
Sure glad the War of Independance was won before the politicans of Massachusetts got there heads together. We'd still be under King George's rule if those patriots thought like present day politicans.

Can't answer your questions but where I live with the computer we have the ability too access all state codes and statutes from our homes. Has come in handy when someone wonders about specific laws or statutes. Also comes in handy verifing the honesty of lawyers when looking into specific legal questions. I would believe that you have the same possibilities in your state.

·
The Troll Whisperer (Moderator)
24,113 Posts
Yep - use your computer to look up the specific firearms codes in your state to get the info first hand, instead of someone's opinion on the internet, which may or may not be factual.

·
Banned
4,920 Posts
According to the brilliance in Warshington, the "gun" is the lower receiver. Do a search for the laws in your state regarding Weapons of Freedom. If it says you can't have one, or can't have more more than one, move. I live in Nevada and have five ARs and an underfolder AK with two 75-round drums. We know what Freedom is out here-- and we practice it. I feel very sorry for you East Coasters and you prisoners by choice in Kalifonia...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts