Shooters Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just some thoughts for Marshall and the Forum...To say the least, I am greatly impressed with the expertise of Marshall and all the friends I have met on the Forum..One thought has arisen in my mind..Although Marshall's business is to sell his great bullets, most of the Forum also Bow Hunts, Muzzle load, and other affiliated shooting sports. When shooters are doing a search on the Net for these sports, they are also potential cast bullet customers. I know we don't what to drift away from the basic subject of Cast. but it could become the leading Forum on the net with a forum on reloading, rifles and scopes, blackpowder, etc.. It might be a hair-brain idea, but I wanted to throw it out.
Best regards from the Hammock....James

·
Super Moderator
3,375 Posts
Mr. Gates!

Indeed!  I've had ideas much the same, and yet one more reason for the new style forum.   It might serve well for more than just preserving data, but expanding the appeal and usefulness of the forum as well.

I have one big problem however.   I am only one person, and VERY stretched as it is with my time and allocating it.   If we were to expand the forum, I would need some help... dedicated help to moderate these forums.  

I love the folks here, and all we share.   I'm not bowing out of the scene at all, but I do have a living to make, and a family to raise, some books to write and some construction here to get done.   I'm all for expanding the horizons of the scope of information we can make available here for the outdoor enthusiast, the handloader, the black-powder shooter, the archers, the waterfowler, upland bird hunters and target shooters, both scattergun and rifled bore.  

If you folks using this forum would like to see some other catagories added... make suggestions and we need volunteers!  Yes, I do cast bullets and some other related things.   I dabble in most of the topics we've mentioned here, but you can only be a master of a few, and besides expertise comes from playing the game, and you can only play so many fields.   I'm about played out!

A great suggestion, now how about some help!  I'd love to see a resource that would go beyond the bounds of cast bullets and handloading!

Thanks to all!

God Bless,

Marshall

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dear Marshall...I waited all afternoon before making this reply to your last post. Quite frankly, I felt we would get some positive response from the forum. You can rest assured I will do all I can to help on an expanded forum. I'm sending you by snail mail a vidio tape that Linda Youngblood,remember the lady and the big hog, took showing some Florida woods and deer, Plus my latest article, "Forty Years with Muzzleloading Shotguns". Pedresoli has put it on the Italian Web and has asked could they put it on their American Web Site.What you need to do is pick people you want to moderate the various new parts of the Expanded Forum. The Lord will show you, and us, the path! As I said before, something unique is happening here. The quality of the members of the forum outstanding. Anything I can do, just tell me!
Best Regards from The Hammock....James

·
Beartooth Regular
1,184 Posts
Perhaps if the Forum indeed expands, we could have volunteers to Moderate each specific Forum. The arrangement on the Firing Line Forum comes to mind. There are probably a dozen moderaters on that Board. I don't know the tech side of it though, and what would be needed to accomplish it.

One thing that needs to be considered is the increased traffic and bandwidth needed. Maybe if strictly technical subjects are discussed and political topics left out.

I really like the uniqueness of this board though with regard to LBT cast bullet and cast bullet shooting in general.

Besides, we have one of the best moderaters already.

FWIW

·
Registered
50 Posts
What makes this board work is the quality of the info here. Real knowledge is being shared by people who have been there and done that. I feel like I can trust the information presented here. Many boards are just a bunch of opinions- the electronic equivilent of a bar room discussion. It would be great to have this quality of information on other subjects like bowhunting etc.. but there are some pretty big shoes to fill. I don't see how Marshall can do it all as it is. My 2 cents.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts