Shooters Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello all i allready own a marlin 1894 regular length 44 mag and i have the chance to pick up a marlin 1894 p version also in 44 mag anyone have one and how do you like it ect?? i love my marlin 1894 i shoot lots of hardcast through it well thanks in advance all, david:)

·
Registered
139 Posts
David,
I picked up the 1894P last year, about a week after deer season. I haven't had a chance to hunt with it, but I have done a lot of shooting with it. The gun should be a great heavy brush gun, due to it's short length and heavy bullet. It's light weight makes it easy to carry, while still being enough gun to handle the .44's recoil. It's a nice all around package that handles real fast. Two complaints I do have one regarding the factory sights and the second the factory finish. If you want to stay with iron sights, I would go with a peep sight and firesight for the front. The finish may just be a matter of personal taste, It had a nice grain that couldn't be appreciated with the Mar-Shield finish. I stripped the finish off this gun when it was a week old and refinished it using tung oil, it realy brought out the depth of the grain. I can't wait to take it for deer. Of all the guns I have, this would be the last one I would ever sell. I saw a used one for sale today, for $329.00. I hope this helps.

·
Registered
887 Posts
I plan on purchasing one next week, and doing plenty of shooting and hunting with it i'll post my results. Everyone i've talked to fell in love with the gun (except for the sights, something i plan on fixing).
Good Luck
Matt

·
Registered
101 Posts
...for what it's worth, i know of a 1894ss that shoots 300gr rnfp's like a champ at a hundred yards- it has a 20" bbl...and stock factory sights...

·
Registered
223 Posts
I've been looking for a 1894P...if anyone knows of one for sale-please let me know.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts