Shooters Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody have any experiences (good or bad) with Bud's Gunshop located in Lexington, Kentucky? Bud's has some very good prices on what I'm looking for so I'd like to hear from anyone who has had dealings with them. Thanks to all responses.

·
Piney Woods Moderator
6,267 Posts
Marshall,
I have purchased a couple of guns from Buds with good results. I also know several other folks who order from them regularly. They do have good prices. The prices they show are cash price and if you plan on using a credit or debit card, plan on paying another 3-5%.

·
Registered
4,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
. . . The prices they show are cash price and if you plan on using a credit or debit card, plan on paying another 3-5%.
Didn't know that, thanks for the tip! If you have bought from them, sounds like they are on the up and up. That's what I was hoping to find out. Can't be too careful nowadays especially when dealing on line.:)

·
Registered
785 Posts
Marshall, I bought a gun from them in December. Everything worked out OK. I "think" they sell lots of guns. You could search the internet for "why I hate bud's gunshop" or words to that effect and weigh the results.

I'll buy from them again, possibly as soon as the robber barons send the tax kickback.

Regards,

Grizz

·
Registered
4,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey guys, thanks for your replies! I'll feel a lot more confident dealing with Bud's when I call them next week. This is a great site, unlimited experience to draw from here!:D

·
Registered
6,280 Posts
Yep, I've also bought a few from them. I've been quite happy, plus if you want to do some trading, they offer a pretty good price for your trade in.

·
Nawth East Moderatah
5,467 Posts
Bought several guns from them. always thought i got a fair good deal, sometimes with free shipping.

·
Registered
602 Posts
I've only bought brass from them. They had 35 whelen which I couldn't find at the larger distributors. Everything was legit and A-ok.

·
Banned
68 Posts
A client of mine has bought several rifles from Bud's and has had a very good experience with them each time. He lives outside of KY so he has to have them shipped to his local FFL gunshop. He gives them high marks on their good prices.

·
Registered
4,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for the positive input guys. I placed an order for a shotgun with them today based on your responses.
As a follow up to the above, I received my shotgun from Bud's. The gun arrived factory sealed in the box in perfect shape and the transaction was both quick and smooth. Bud's kept me advised periodically on the progress of my order and they answered every email that I sent them. I can honestly say that I couldn't have purchased my shotgun at a lower price considering that Bud's even shipped the gun to my FFL for free. As previously mentioned, if you want to purchase a gun from Bud's at their lowest, advertised price you have to put your money up front otherwise they will make a price adjustment for credit cards. I would buy from Bud's again. Hope this helps anyone shopping for a firearm.:)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts