Shooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
7,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I know there are at least a few fans of .35s out there besides me. I have seen just how well they have worked for me and appreciate things that Paco and Craig have said about them. I like pics! please add yours so I might see just how many others like that special medium. Thanks! :D

From L to R: Marlin 336ER, BLR .358, Rem M750 Carbine .35 Whelen, Hawkeye all weather .358, Hawkeye all weather .35W and Rem M673 in .350RM.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,090 Posts
I'll try for pictures when I get a moment.

I have a M336/.35 Remington, a 7600 Whelen and a CDL M700 Whelen.

The Whelen's are my elk rifles, the 7600 has a peep for rainy weather, or sneaking through the heaviest cover. It weighs less than my scoped M336, and kicks like an angry mule. But as handy and light as they come, and for power per lb of rifle, is right up there. The CDL is good for elk as far as most should be shot. The M336 is at it's best in hardwoods and swamps or heavy cover. Most .35's seem to shoot really well.

·
Registered
237 Posts
nice collection sir. thats alot of .35 cals!

I'm still pretty happy with my one BLR you put me on 3 years ago. :)

I dont have any pics of it, as assembled, but I'll see if I can get one.

·
Banned
3,948 Posts
I have always liked the .35-caliber rifles! My reason for going the .338 route was do to not having good bullets to match up to the .338 ballistics. I still have an old bolt action Remington down in the vault.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Never been a raving fan.

I do have a BB94 in .356 that I've never fired.

Kinda have a hankering for a couple .35's ........... one from each end of the spectrum............

An 1895 Winchester in .35 WCF and a nice tasteful custom Model 70 in .358 STA.

·
Elk Whisperer (Super Moderator)
10,562 Posts
I have two, an M700 CDL in 35 Whelen and my Dad's M99 in .358 Win. I'd have a picture but they don't like each other and getting a picture of them together is nearly impossible unless they are asleep.

RJ

To edit:

Cute little blighters when they are napping ssshh

·
Banned
4,925 Posts
Got my .358 Sierra Stomper mildcat. It's a long-action, right-handed M700 Magnum in stainless, stainless Lilja barrel in a Number 4 contour (six flutes, too!), a big muzzle brake to tame the recoil and it all sets in a nutmeg-tone, laminated, left-handed Boyd's Featherweight thumbhole stock. Action has been blue-printed, pillar-bedded and glas-bedded. Presently equipped with an 8-32X BSA Platinum scope for load-development work. Not a bad scope at 32X for $120. Shot it today after an eight-month hiatus. What a blast! Pure fun. Pretty dam-ned accurate for a hunting rifle...

Reactions: Tnhunter

·
Registered
465 Posts
Over the years, I've had a few 35's. Most have come and gone as I searched for the holy grail...358 win Savage 99. Never found such a gun while my wallet was sufficiently filled.

Gone:
3 Marlin 336 in 35 rem
Win 94 in 356
7600 35 whelen
Win 88 358 (rebore)
Win 71 348
Rem 760 35 rem rechamber to 358
old BLR 358

Still here
BLR81 in 358

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
HHmm??, have Marlins, 1894C 357Mag, 336A 35Rem and 30A 356Win.

Reactions: Tnhunter

·
Registered
472 Posts
Luv my ol 35! This one is a 1968 336RC that my Gdad bought new & handed down to me when I was a teen in the mid 80s. It's essentially pristine & use it when the weathers nice. This fat doe fell too it year before last & that vx-ii 3x9x40a on it then as since been replaced with a little smaller, "better fitting" vx-iii 2.5x8x36. It now shoots 220grn Buffalo Bore ammo as well so that's another reason I haven't bought a BLR-SS in 358 that I keep thinking about. I just don't think a deer is going to know the difference between this load and any in the 358 inside of 200yds! I likewise have a 1978 30-06 BDL that I'm going to have bored to 338-06 or 35 Whelen (depends on what day you ask me) I must admit "lustful thoughts" about buying a 308 7600 & having it bored to 358! (I REALLY like those "Amish machine guns", I was putting a custom 7600/Leupold Cust. Shop 7-08 together a couple of years ago but my youngest son laid claim to it before I ever got to fire it)

The leather slings I found online from a dealer in PA. They just look & feel "right" on my ol Marlins!

I just LOVE the way this ol RC 35 feels, even better than my 45-70 Guidegun, ;)

Attachments

·
Registered
752 Posts
I'm a .35 fan and my pet is this Rem M700 Classic limited edition back from 1984, I believe. I ordered it prior to its release and saved up he balance after paying the down payment. this is one of the 3 most accurate rifles I've ever fired. It has also taken a dumptruck load of deer.

·
Registered
7,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'm a .35 fan and my pet is this Rem M700 Classic limited edition back from 1984, I believe. I ordered it prior to its release and saved up he balance after paying the down payment. this is one of the 3 most accurate rifles I've ever fired. It has also taken a dumptruck load of deer.

Beautiful Rifle! Is it a .350 Rem Mag or Whelen?

·
Registered
4,045 Posts
Don't tell the radical 30-30 fringe

But IMO the 35 Rem will do anything the 30-30 does, with the same guns, ONLY BETTER. Many hunters in the great white north from Maine to Washington (many other states) have been taking game like moose & black bear with them for a LONG TIME. Not sure why they never gained the same popularity as the 30-30, in warmer climates.

1 - 20 of 82 Posts