Shooters Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have some Federal Gold Metal ultra match 22 LR that was made in Germany for the Olympics.
I purchased Gold Metal target 22 LR that states in the add that they were developed for the Olympics but were now made in the USA. Does anyone know if this is true and if they are equivalent.
Thanks

·
Registered
3,766 Posts
Do you have the bullets with the triangle on the bottom of the round? Those were the ones made for the Olympics.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you have the bullets with the triangle on the bottom of the round? Those were the ones made for the Olympics.
NO, the box says made in Germany, UM22. The add said that they were developed for our Olympic team. The bottom has a F on it.

·
Registered
3,766 Posts
You don’t have the ones made for the Olympics. I had a brick of them back then (twenty years ago?) and they were around a hundred bucks a brick back then. FWIW, for me they didn’t shoot as good as Eley Std. brown box did. They were good, but really not worth the money.

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
.22 rifles have quirks as far as ammo is concerned . Worth the money? That ammo brought home gold medals from the 1992 Olympics in Barcelona.

·
Registered
3,766 Posts
.22 rifles have quirks as far as ammo is concerned . Worth the money? That ammo brought home gold medals from the 1992 Olympics in Barcelona.
Actually, I don’t believe the USA even came close to dominating the shooting sports that year. One lady won several medals, but the majority were won by other countries. The ammo in question wasn’t a requirement to be used at the Olympics, it was provided for those who wanted it. The ammo in question is decent ammo, but the USA has never had a reputation of producing the worlds best rimfire ammo. Most top target shooters compete with European or Korean ammo. I

·
Registered
1,908 Posts
Actually, I don’t believe the USA even came close to dominating the shooting sports that year. One lady won several medals, but the majority were won by other countries. The ammo in question wasn’t a requirement to be used at the Olympics, it was provided for those who wanted it. The ammo in question is decent ammo, but the USA has never had a reputation of producing the worlds best rimfire ammo. Most top target shooters compete with European or Korean ammo. I
Dominating? No. Medals at the Olympics? Yes.
Bob Foth took a silver in the men’s three position
Launi Meili won gold in the women‘s three position.

·
Registered
2,894 Posts
Wish Id bought more from Joe when he sold Eley Match for 6.60/50 rounds about 2010.
Im down to about 2 bricks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts