Shooters Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have one of the new Walther PPK/S in 380. I have been able to field strip it 2 times now , but on occasion it just does not want to. I pull the clip, pull triger guard down and slide the slide back and sometimes it just will not come up in the back to release the slide. It is like it does not move back far enough to clear enough for the slide to be raised up in the back.

Any suggestions or has anyone else had a similar problem.

Thanks
Steve

·
Registered
5,237 Posts
Steve, is it a newer version, or a WWII survivor?

The German made models were made like a fine watch. The newest PPK's made under liscense in various parts of the world can be finiky.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is one of the new ones made by Smith & Wesson. I did call them and they wanted me to send it in. They said the problem is the spring not compressing enough to clear the rear of the gun. They said I could push the receiver down on the edge of a table and it should open. Well that worked...... They said it should loosen up in time. They were very nice and told me even after the warantee they would most likely fix it, becaus they are aware of the problem.

Wish I could fine an older one that was German made. This one does shoot very well and I do like it.

Steve

1 - 3 of 3 Posts