Shooters Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Banned
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After 3 years of futility and endless static from other members of my deer party, I finally got a deer with a handgun today. Deer is a little button buck, got him with one shot at 50 yards as he was facing straight at me. Gun is my David Clements Redhawk in .500 Linebaugh, launching a 440 LFN from a Ballisticast mould (water-quenched W/W) at 1000 fps. Bullet exited, of course, leaving behind a real nice wound channel that utterly destroyed one lung.
Mark

· Banned
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep, you got me! The deer made the mistake of trying to steal my Dew, and we just can't allow that! ;)
Mark

· Banned
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You guessed it. Because I wasn't using a high-tech wonder bullet at 3000 fps it bounced off and I had to run over and whack the deer over the head with the barrel of the gun. ;)
Actually, bullet raked through about two feet of deer before exiting, went through 1 rib, dislocated the left front shoulder, through one lung, the stomach and exited, same side that it went in. Deer went about 50 feet and dropped.
Mark

· Banned
251 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Dan:
Thank you for your kind words. However, I must say that the fact that you are in FLA now speaks volumes about the Iowa winter. ;) Besides, if I put up a pic of me in a bathing suit it might cause outbreaks of illness among forum members! Then they wouldn't be able to buy as many of Marshall's bullets. ;)
Mark

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.