Shooters Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
680 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got to the range today and shot my newly aquired 94BB 375 Win.  I was pleased with the accuracy that it displayed.  I shot a couple three shot groups from 50 yd that were right at an inch.  Ammo was factory Winchester 200 gr. Is this typical for these rifles in this caliber?  The sights are the regular factory iron sights.  I do have a Williams receiver sight for it as well.  What are some of the advantages of the receiver sight?  I would assume one would improve longer range accuracy, but to what extent?  I don't really care for the appearance of the receiver sights, but if it would help considerably I might stick it on and try it.

·
Registered
123 Posts
TedH,

I find the advantage of "peep" sights over open iron sights is two fold:  First, with a small aperture I can achieve smaller grouping at long range.  The large disc also eliminates some light from the side assisting in the grouping.  

Second, with a large aperture, or the disc entirely removed, I find them to be considerably faster in use.  I am sure that is a function of practice and I grew up using peep sights.  The military also went to peep sights after WWI for the same reason.

dclark

1 - 2 of 2 Posts