Shooters Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We actually had a night in the 50s last night. Did not make it out of the 70s today. Everybody is seeing deer and I am at work. Got a weekend trip to a trophy management area this weekend. A little bowhunting whitetail and a South Carolina Bowhunters Association meeting on Sat. Nothing like hunting and coming back for a meal and conversation with smelly bowhunters. It is really one of the highlights of the season for me. The bucks have to have 4 pts on a side and the area is planted and maintained by the DNR.

A friend lets us hang out at his cabin that borders the hunt area. I'll get some pics.

·
Registered
4,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Well, I finally got some film from the season develped. I did not get a deer on the archery hunt on Santee but I did eat some good BBQ.

This is the cabin we stayed at, well I did not stay there this year. I stayed at the local camp ground to do a little bowhunter politicing. I don't have a picture.

This is the deer that saved my season and no that is not me and I did not kill the buttonhead. I took my friend out to my 18 acre woodlot close to home one evening and we had this memorable hunt.

A 300 acre lease 2 hours from home and the longest deer season in the country and I don't see a deer on stand all season long. Go figure. I think the archery gods are mad at me for hunting with a rifle so much. I'm glad there is next year

1 - 2 of 2 Posts