Shooters Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking through the prices from Able Ammo, and noticed that Fiocchi was about $8/50, quite a bit less than any other brand.

Anyone tried any of those?

·
Banned
604 Posts
Sorry, I haven't. But for $8 it'd sure be worth a try. It'd be nice to not have to spend $12 a box for CCI.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I've not tried Fiocchi 22 mag, but have shot LOTS of Fiocchi 22lr, 9mm, 45 ACP, etc ammo---it is good, high quality factory ammo---I am sure their 22 mag will be good as well...

·
Registered
222 Posts
I've fired some Fiocchi .22 mags in revolvers, and they seem to do a darn good job of preforming as they should. :D

·
Registered
3,251 Posts

I bought an ammo caseful of the Fiocchi .22 Mags @ a funshow, about 10 years ago (I have several .22WRM firearms), and found them to be an excellent value, and just about as accurate as any other WRM ammo in my guns.

I paid what averaged out to $6/50 back then, but $8/50 today is a bargain.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have a Savage 93 FVSS and I have had my best luck with Fiocchi JSP ammo. At 50 yards I can put most bullets in the same hole and at 100 I can keep it to a dime size on windless days. I was out yesterday and my last two shots were in the same hole at 100 yards. It took me a while before I notice the slight nick on the side of the first hole.

The only problem is finding it these days.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi guys...New member here...

We've owned a 22/22WMR revolver for years, and much prefer using the 22 Mag cylinder for plinking, etc... it's my wifes now, and she likes to use the 22LR's with less recoil... So..

I Recently bought another 22/22WMR revolver with a 6-1/2 barrel for myself...!;) It's a cheapie' but works for most casual target stuff, etc.. - It's much cheaper to shoot than my Old Model Rugar Blackhawk 357..!

Being Ammo starved here in California, I just found this place in Texas to order some 22 Mag cartridges... SWFA Ammunition Rimfire Ammunition .22 WMR

Fiocchi's @ $7.95/50, and Hornady Critical Def @ $11.95/50 best prices ive found - they also have several 22LR selections as well... check em' out...

I also got a box of the Hornady Critical Def from Cabela's a couple of weeks ago - their ballistics are just short of the 380 ACP's in a gel block if you look at Hornady's site... Haven't tried em' out yet...

Ray near Lodi, CA

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.