Shooters Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is a primer test which shows a power ranking on the www.castingstuff.com web site. It's near the bottom of the home page. Most of it is common sense, if there is such a thing, but there is some interesting results.

·
The Hog Whisperer (Administrator)
36,231 Posts
Fascinating! Keep us posted if the site gets any new or interesting results.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The site has been updated with some new tests. I think I'll be trying some load tests with only primers being changed. I want to see if 2 primers of equal "power" produce different results.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The test data has been updated again with new information. A new set of tests made by Rocky has also been added. These tests were made using completely different methods.
Dozer

·
Registered
4,168 Posts
My loading experience is limited yet but I did find a load that primer maker made a big difference. I was loading for .308 with Varget. I found a load that was light( I was loading for a youngster) and with a 165 gr bullet and WLR primer. I got an accurate load and then put in the CCI200 primer. Groups tightened further.

This year I tested again with and with a full power load and got the same result. My 30.06 load could care less what primer you use.

What I have started doing is get an accurate load and then just try that load with another primer. It just could be different.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts