Shooters Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased an interesting book today.

It is called the collectors price and reference guide for firearms. It was published in 2009. and it gives prices of what 1000's of firearms should cost. So I am figuring now I will figure out when people are asking to much for firearms.

·
Banned
505 Posts
How much was it? Where from Amazon?

·
Banned
637 Posts
Brownells has Fjestad's Blue Book which is pretty much the industry standard. Last time I looked they were running about $33 new. Used ones will be out of date but are still a good resource for less money. Just remember to read the chapter on gun values. A gun is worth whatever a specific individual is wiling to pay for it at a given time. Prices change over time and from region to region.

Search "gun values" in the books section on Amazon.

·
Registered
13,246 Posts
I think the real value in any book like that is not to help you explain to someone why what he is asking for his gun is too high, but for you to recognize when a certain price is very reasonable, for the gun you're looking at. It's also interesting just to read about the different firearms and the options/grades that make them more or less valuable.

When it comes right down to it, though, a gun is only worth what someone else is willing to pay for it.

·
Banned
157 Posts
When it comes right down to it, though, a gun is only worth what someone else is willing to pay for it.[/QUOTE]

Always true!

·
Banned
157 Posts
Those price guides are nice, but no book ever opened itself up, pulled money from between it's pages and bought a gun. It's a guide that is sometimes accurate on some guns and sometimes not on others.
That is true also. Many a man is burnt buying on guide from his neighbor & paying too much for something he doesn't need.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts