Shooters Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finished work this evening on an article that's been on the back burner for about five years! I was fun, and educational to do the testing.

For those forum members who rounded up barrels for me to use some long time back... THANK YOU! I surely didn't forget the project, it just took a while to get it to the front of the line.

Hope it's instructive to those who read it. Thanks for looking!

God Bless,

·
Premium Member
7,606 Posts
Wow! While the firelapping results were definitely positive, the ammo choice results were really clear. The CCI ammo shined. As with most tests, a career could be completed testing all variables available, over many years. Great report.

·
The Hog Whisperer (Administrator)
36,226 Posts
Great to hear, Marshall. I think I might have sent you one? Only reason that comes to mind is that there is an orphan 10/22 stock sitting on the safe and not sure where else it would have come from....

I sure know how those long-term projects go - got a few of them in limbo, myself!

·
Registered
11,951 Posts
Thanks for the report Marshall. A very interesting read. A glowing endorsement for the CCI's based on performance.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Thank you so much, I have been wondering if fire lapping would work on a .22LR. This is exactly the type of article I was looking for before I stepped in.

·
Super Moderator
3,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
jbee, Indeed firelapping DOES WORK on .22 LR!! In fact if someone is on the fence whether to lap or not to lap, a rimfire is the way to get your feet wet. It is the easiest to do, least expensive and nearly always yields tangible positive results. Too, rimfires are a fast project in most cases, taking only an hour or so from start to finish.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts