Shooters Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Finally found it - the right rifle at the right price at the right time. Sitting in the racks at Cabela's was a Golden Eagle 7000 in .300 Weatherby. The condition is excellent and it was priced nicely at 549.00, so it followed me home. It had Weaver bases and Burris Zee rings on when I bought it, but I replaced those with Redfield bases/rings. The Leupold I had in stock, bought sometime long ago. It's the one on the right with the longer 26" barrel. The one on the left is a 25-06 I bought new in the late 70's.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
nice! congrats... i don't know that i've ever handled a golden eagle but i must say that those are some pretty rifles!!
i just recently picked up my first rifle for '10, a used model 7 in 7/08. the stock is a little beat up and it's not near as pretty as it will be someday and to tell the truth i haven't even gotten it sighted in yet ( i have shot it tho!) it's been so darn windy lately up here in the dakotas that it hasn't been remotely close to decent shooting weather... won't be long tho!

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
i missed out on a very similar 721 in 300 H&H about 5 yrs ago except it had redfield bases and rings and an old steel bodied 6x weaver on it. it was a beautiful rifle... made my stomach hurt to see it in the arms of another man!!!

·
Registered
83 Posts
I bought a howa 223 for 2010, luckily a dealer in my area agreed to get me the 24 inch barrel and action then order a standard stock seperate. (dont really like thumbholes) Also bought a ruger mark 1 and single six. Don't mean to thread jack but its a nice thread you started.

·
Banned
421 Posts
WOW! THAT'S A LOW PRICE!
Sorry, couldn't resist. You did get a good deal for sure. I've picked up a few guns since January 1st, but I will be picking up the best one today. It's a Cooper Classic in 22 LR. I've been salivating over the Coopers for awhile, and finally found a good deal on GB from Cove Creek Outfitters in NE PA. Anybody familiar with them? I'll try to post some pics after I get it, but probably in the rimfire rifle section.

·
Registered
23 Posts
First ever

Just bought my first REAL rifle ever - other than a Marlin 39A that I got at age 12. This one is a Marlin 336 lever in .35 Remington intended for deer, black bear, and lots of hogs from Florida to South Carolina to Kentucky (yes there are a few here!!). Wanted to get a good all around caliber for the above game and buy one before the plant closed and moved. Whadda ya think?

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
good choice kboom, i'd like to pick one of those up myself but i'd prefer a nice older rifle... i just like older rifles. i shot the 7/08 that i posted about earlier in this thread and must say that it's a dandy! i took some 308 brass and necked it down (as none of the reloaded 7/08 brass from my encore would chamber) flopped open a manual and found a load, 46grs of AA4350 and seated some 140gr corelokts to the canellure and went and shot 'em... 4 shots in just over an inch! so much for load developement!

·
Registered
614 Posts
You know, Rem. introduced the 7/08 in 1980 . In the thirty years since , I have yet to see one that won't shoot big dan . The .308 should be a very proud Papa , everything designed on that case will shoot very accurately , The only one I don't have yet is the .338 Fed and I have no doubt it will shoot !

·
Registered
6 Posts
newbie, just thought i would jump in.i picked up a winchester model 69a in feburary, rossi 88, 2 weeks ago and a new savage edge should be rolling in today sometime. Hope I can get it in the safe before momma gets home, not much hair left on my head.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts