Shooters Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Piney Woods Moderator
6,267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This past weekend, my niece and her husband Jason from NC came to visit. Her husband is a really nice young man who was not raised in a hunting family and has never hunted. My son in law invited him to go deer hunting with him Saturday afternoon. I lent him some camo clothing to wear as he did not have any thing to wear hunting. Well to make a long story short, Jason killed a small spike buck right at dark using my son in laws 7mm STW Rem 700. Jason was one excited young guy. He must have called everyone of his buddies to tell them about it. He won't be able to pay his cell phone bill this month. I think my son and law and I will have a new hunting partner now. I plan on shipping his deer meat to him as soon as it is processed so he will be able to enjoy his kill.

·
The Troll Whisperer (Moderator)
24,136 Posts
Now, that's a nice story, Jodum!

It was great of your SIL to invite the young man to go hunting with him and even let him use his rifle. That's what its going to take if we want to see the hunting tradition continued. Many state F&G's are reporting a drop-off in license issuances.

·
The Hog Whisperer (Administrator)
36,739 Posts
One of my nephews got his first rifle kill with my dad. Good stuff to pass it on to the next generation!

Now the boy wants to hunt hogs..... :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts