Shooters Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I need a fixed power scope for compact rifle (308). I am considering a Sightron S2 4x compact, a Leupold FX-2, and a Weaver K4. Maybe a Valdada IOR. I am pretty unimpressed with my one Leupold at dusk and dawn (a VX-II). Is the FX better I hope? Has anyone owned a Sightron compact fixed?

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Yeah I have a K6 as well. Flat great for the price. Not really compact though. Plus I want a 4x for this gun. It is much brighter than my expensive Leupold. My K6 is over 5 years old. Sometimes these scopes change in quality. My old Burris FFII is brighter than my newer one. How old is your K6? I would like to think for then money the FX2s are bright. Does anyone have a Leupold FX-2? For about the same money, my VX-II is not near as bright as my fixed 4x Nikon Monarch. The Monarch is not compact at all though. The FX-2 is.

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The K6 was bought in Feb for my wifes rifle so just about brand new.

I may have to go that route with a K4. My K6 is as bright as any scope I have and it appears to be a well made fixed scope. I just wanted something a little more compact for this gun. I can't seem to get any feedback on FX-2s or Sightron S2 compacts.

·
Registered
6,661 Posts
I am unable to subjectively evaluate the clarity of scopes unless I have them all lined up on a table. I will say that most of the mainstream scopes of today seem to fill my needs.
I have several Weaver V-3’s and they certainly fill the compact scope criteria.
The Weaver scopes are not quite as compact as the newer Burris scopes for me. The Burris scopes seem to be able to with stand a generous amount of recoil and they are water proof by my tests. I am not completely satisfied with the feel of the adjustment knobs but they will make the four cornered circle and return to zero which gives some indication of repeatable adjustment.
The straight 4x Short Mag and the newer Timberline scopes meet the definition of compact.

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts