Shooters Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Inactive account
513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If I remove my rifle's scope and put it in my carry-on with the rings still on it, shouldn't it be on target when I re-install it at my hunting destination? The rings are Millet rings, on a Weaver style base. This is not a quick release ring system. Anybody else do this? Thank you

·
Banned
502 Posts
I always take my lazer bore sighter with me when I take the scope off any of my rifles or pistols for transport.

Jerry

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
i would try it a few times at the range and see how it handles it. i would take it off at the start of the week, hit the range that weekend and shoot, then remove it again and wait until the following week and replace and shoot it again, that should give you a good idea. i would think you would be fine out to 150 yrds or so for sure but things, even little things add up in a hurry out past that. i bet it holds to within 1" or less of original POI but some of that could also just be due to the differance in altitude and temps affection both the rifle and the ammo.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.