Shooters Forum banner

FN/FAL owners and fans sound off

11K views 16 replies 13 participants last post by  Model 52 
#1 ·
FN/FAL owners sound off, lets hear some details about your rifle.

My rifle is a DS Arms SA58 standard rifle. The only modifications I have done so far is a scope mount and a extended safety.

Picture of rifle with a maxpedition noatak backpack and surefire G2X pro flashlight.

See less See more
#2 ·
I've always been fascinated by those rifles, for their reputation of reliability alone!
There's a G3 and an older CETME in my local haunt that has been calling to me. The Cetme is more affordable right now, but I may just hold out for that G3. The one I am looking at has new wood furniture [G3]...I've only seem them like yours.

#4 ·
I no longer have my Springfield Armory SAR-48 Bush Rifle or my Belguim FAL with Douglas Premium Match bbl. (paid only $1 for that one in Germany long ago). My farthest shot on a deer was with the Bush rifle (18"bbl) mounting a Simmions 2.5x scope on a whitetail at 300m, one shot was all I needed.

Have carried several Belguim select fire ones in Iraq over the years. Never had to fire them in anger though.

CD

#9 ·
Prices are a bit depressed and have been for about the last two years. It's the economy. I've got two. One is an Imbel non-gear logo receiver with a S.A. lower and an Austrian Front end. It's a Century import and it's one that they got right.
My second is a DSA SA58 pistol. Loud. Lots of flash. I think that this summer I may SBR it and add a Belgian side folder.
J&G Sales was running a sale on "Good to Excellent" mags last fall and I stocked up then found my local guy had a pile of new cleaned Israeli mags and I made him an offer on a package so I'm set for mags.

My last one isnt an FAL but an FN-49. Egptian contract in 8mm Mauser. Just a very nice rifle.

#10 ·
I had a Century IMBEL FAL inch pattern gun with the thumbhole stock. It was a nice gun and shot pretty good. I sold it this summer for a down payment on a RRA LAR-8 predator. I figure the LAR-8 is a more accurate up to date FAL.

I have a large supply of FAL mags that will be used with the LAR-8 when the Zombies attack in their Blue uniforms. LOL.

#15 · (Edited)
I've used a real FAL (with cyclic switch). Good rifle, but not the best for desert. Handled well, threw nicely and surprised me with a 450 shot. In the early 80's worked with a ton of FALs (real ones) including a Para Fal I kept in the truck when we were taking cyclic weapons out to test them. This is a picture of using the Para to explain to some Hollywood types why what they show on screen doesn't work in real life. ;)

It's called fold the stock, grab the trigger and hang on! I believe I may have hit the side of a mountain! ;)

Not to disdain your love of the FAL, but I do prefer the M14 types

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.