Shooters Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems to me that I remember a warning from Gor-Tex about using foot powder. Whether or not I dreamed that up, does anybody know if consistant use of powder in shoes decreases the life of shoes (insoles)?

I do use a Peet dryer regularly and EVERYBODY in the house really likes the results!!!!!

·
Banned
2,380 Posts
well if you wash you feet regular ,,im sure i wouldn t mind if you didn t usen it.. never heard of it hurting the inside of a shoe though..i don t like the smelly kind though..
that causes me to chaf ater mixing to much swet with it..on other parts of the body of course..when they invented dry idea it changed my wifes whole attitude toward me.. even got a little afternoon delight some then..my baby daughter can thank dry idea for her existance i think..powders do keep you dryer though.. that nice.. slim

·
Registered
676 Posts
Clean the exterior with a cloth or brush and lukewarm water. The manufacturer may recommend leather treatment or preservation. Shake out sand, gravel, and dirt from inside the footwear. Remove and shake out the foot bed if applicable.

DRY CLEAN - Not applicable.

IRON - Not applicable.

BLEACH - No chlorine bleach. It may damage your footwear.

DRY - Dry naturally at moderate temperatures. Avoid direct heat. onvection-style boot driers work well.

WATER REPELLENT TREATMENT
We do not recommend the use of waterproofing waxes or greases as they can affect the footwear's breathability. Apply only treatments, polishes, conditioners, and dressings recommended by the manufacturer.

STAIN REMOVAL - Follow the footwear manufacturer's instructions.

http://www.gore-tex.com/remote/Satellite/content/care-center/washing-instructions
Not a thing about foot powder, I have been using it for years, just shake out the excess when dry, reapply and wear. Only time and miles have ever done bad things to my Gore-Tex

·
Registered
410 Posts
I remember years ago when they said the water proofing spray was not supposed to get on the stitching of the boot! I thought to myself now how in the world do you spray this stuff on and not get it on the stitching!?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts