Shooters Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I came to know the Lord fairly late in life, I was 34. Unfortunately I had already ruined my marriage and my wife divorced me. There are always consequences to a divorce, it most often is the children that suffer the most.
While I was up in Alaska hunting I had lots of time to think. Love is something, that to be honest with you, I don't understand very well. I wasn't raised in a family that talked about it very much. I grew up in the 70's, the mantra then was sex, drugs and rock-n-roll. I bought into that lie. So my ideas about love were pretty self serving. But God has been good to me, and when I ask, He answers. So I asked Him...how do you feel about, or love those that don't want anything to do with You? This is the answer I got.
My oldest daughter, she's almost 13, hasn't talked to me in about 6 months. I don't even know why. I have tried to ask her what is wrong, but she won't talk to me. But I still love her, I'll never stop loving her, no matter what she does, and when she is ready, I'll be ready to talk. No grudges, no I told you so's, just unconditional love. In the mean time I think about her, I would like to just hang out with her. Give her a hug now and then. See what's going on in her life, what's happening in school. I'd like to just talk to her, we wouldn't even have to talk, I'd like to just be with her...
The Lord asked me if I missed my daughter. I sure do. Then He said that's how He feels about the whole world. He just wants to be with them, to talk to them, to let them know how much He loves them.
I have been thinking about that for a couple of weeks, asking Him to help me feel that way for others.
Today I was in the local Circle K. The young girl behind the counter, was wearing all black, tattoo's, the gay pride rainbows, chains. As I walked out I thought to myself how disgusting her lifestyle is to me. As I got into my van the Lord asked me if I miss my daughter,...such a fool am I.
As I got onto the freeway I asked the Lord to forgive me, to help me remember that once I was lost, but when I needed Him, He was there. He forgave me of all of my sins, He didn't say I told you so, He just loved me unconditionally. And He still is, in spite of my hardheartedness.
This afternoon I picked up my youngest, she wanted to go skateboarding. My oldest came out and talked to me for the first time in 6 months.

For God so loved the world that He gave His only-begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Joel B,

I read your post and want to thank you for your testimony.  

Isn't it great that God loves when we are so unlovely.  Many times I let Him down but He is always there.

God Bless You.

Bill

1 - 2 of 2 Posts